About 30 hardy souls braved the brisk October weather to attend the LMPA Annual Meeting on 10/27. We welcomed several new neighbors and got reacquainted with many friends as our board president shared a stirring presentation on the state and health of the LMPA and, more importantly, the health of Lake Minnewashta. We welcomed Terry Jeffery from the City of Chanhassen as a special speaker. Terry described what the city has been doing to reduce untreated storm water runoff into the lake, an action that we hope will reduce the clarity and algae problems we have been suffering.
In the end, we ask everyone to do your part to help us meet our mission to keep Lake Minnewashta beautiful and to preserve its water quality and prevent the spread of invasive species.
1. Use a Permitted Lake Service Provider when working on your shore
2. Don’t move a mussel from infested lakes via watercraft, toys or lifts
3. Clean Drain and Dry your boat before and after launching
4. Plant a shoreline buffer strip and use available grant money to help
5. Keep debris out of the storm drains, especially leaves
6. Register your email address by clicking HERE
7. Volunteer for a committee, neighborhood captain or the board
8. Make a tax-deductible donation by mailing a check to LMPA, PO Box 304 Excelsior, MN 55331
For a copy of the presentation, click lake-minnewashta-preservation-association-annual-meeting